Check In Time Is 3pm or after
Check Out Is 10am or before
River Haven Cabin (Rivercrest LLC.) Rental Agreement
Check In Time Is 3pm or after
Check Out Is 10am or before
We do include in every quote for a stay our River Haven Property Protection:
For a onetime non-refundable fee of $69(w/or w/o 1 dog), $79 (2 dogs), $99 (3dogs) we will cover up to $300 in accidental property damage, which includes pet damage. This insurance DOES NOT cover any damages that are a result of non-compliance with our Rental/Lease Agreement Terms. Any damages above $300 will be the renter’s responsibility. We do not accept nor cover any liability for pets or injuries caused to others, including other animals by renter’s pets. Pit Bulls, Wolf Hybrids, any breed of guard dog trained to attack, or if Animal Control has deemed your dog(s) as dangerous, vicious, potentially dangerous or potentially vicious we feel will not be suitable pet guest and are not allowed. Our intentions with offering this coverage at a very reasonable rate will allow you, our guest to not have to tie up monies with a large deposit and to avoid dealing with deposit returns.
This Cabin Rental Agreement is a legally binding agreement between Guest and Owner.
1. RESERVATION AGREEMENT - Guests acknowledges, understands, and agrees that the moment Guests gives Owner their credit card information, the Owner is authorized to charge said credit card for the full amount of the rental. Once payment has been received this will be considered acceptance of the Rental Agreement for River Haven Cabin and all rules regulations and terms of this document shall be adhered to during your stay.
2. CANCELLATION/RESCHEDULING/NO SHOW/EARLY DEPARTURE - Our cabin is privately owned and cancellations affect us significantly. Cancellations, rescheduling, or changes must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing and confirmed received by Rivercrest LLC more than thirty (30) days prior to check-in date, in order to receive refund, less $40 processing fee. Said changes regardless of reason made in less than thirty (30) days of your check-in date will result in a forfeiture of monies paid. All monies paid are non-transferable to another date. Refunds will only be given if Owner can re-book said dates with another guest. Owners are not responsible for Guests inability to arrive or if Guests chooses to depart early for any reason, or if members of Guests party do not show up. No refunds, rebates, or compensation will be offered.
3. OCCUPANCY - The maximum occupancy is 8. Any child one year old and above is considered an occupant and must be included in the occupancy total. If you are found to exceed the maximum occupancy of your cabin it will be considered a breach of contract and will result in immediate eviction with no refunds, rebates, or compensation.
4. DIRECTIONS TO CABINS - Our site www.Shenandoahcabinz.com offers directions via Google maps. If Guests chooses to leave home without directions, Owners cannot be held responsible for Guests inability to find their cabin.
5. CONDUCT - Occupancy and use of premises shall not be such as to place the property in danger of damage or to disturb or offend neighbors. No: parties, excessive speeding through neighborhoods, riding of ATV’s or Off Road Motorcycles/Dirt Bikes, excessive noise and/or obnoxious behavior, discharging of Firearms, or Fireworks, etc. the Owners have the prerogative to terminate this Agreement /Contract and to demand that disruptive Guests vacate the premises, thereby forfeiting all rental fees to Owner.
6. NON-SMOKING – NO EXCEPTIONS! - River Haven is a non-smoking cabin. Guests agree to pay not less than $350 for odor abatement if smoke is detected in the cabin. Smoking is allowed ONLY outdoors at all times. Cigarette butts MUST NOT be disposed of in the yard or on the property.
7. GRAVEL ROADS - The road leading to River Haven is dirt and gravel and sometimes bumpy. Owners are not responsible for conditions of road. Please maintain proper speed for road conditions at all times.
8. WILDLIFE - River Haven is situated directly next to the river and is surrounded by woods. You are likely to encounter Mosquitoes, Ladybugs, Carpenter Bees, Wasps, Ticks, Ants, etc. Please be aware and plan accordingly.
9. MAINTENANCE, REPAIRS & REFUNDS - In case of a breakdown of any property equipment, Guests shall notify the Cabin Concierge immediately at 540-578-1299 via phone call, text or by email at email@example.com. The Owner will make every effort to correct any problem that arises during the stay in a timely manner however, the Owner cannot guarantee against mechanical failure of cabin equipment. Should a repair person make a call to repair or replace a unit that is found to be in working order and the problem was due to Guests oversight, neglect or misuse, Guests agree that the repair call costs may be billed to the Guests credit card on file. The Owner cannot be held responsible for the failing of any other company due to said company’s error or service interruption (i.e. electricity, TV service, etc.) However, the Owner agrees to do all that is humanly possible to remedy any issue as quickly as possible.
10. RIGHT OF ENTRY - Guests understand, and agree that the Owner reserves the right to enter property at anytime to investigate disturbances, check occupancy, check damages, make repairs, alterations, and improvements.
11. FIREPLACE/GRILL/OUTDOOR FIRE PIT – NO items may be burned in the electric fireplace. Guests agree that NO fire in the fireplace, grill or fire-pit will be left unattended. Fires in the outdoor fire pit will be properly extinguished.
12. GRILL– Please clean up all grease & food spills and leave the grill in the condition it was found. Always leave the gas grill in the off position. If using the charcoal grill, grill must be moved a safe distance from the cabin before being lit and during use. Guests are to use common sense and put themselves or others in danger of a fire.
13. PET POLICY –For us to continue our very lenient Pet Policy, the following items must be adhered to:
a) Pets must be completely housebroken, well behaved, and pest free. Guests will be charged an extra cleaning fee if pet hair causes a delay in cleaning services.
b) Guests agree to pay for any damages caused by pets.
c) If pets have an accident in the cabin, all clean up will be performed by the Guests. Guests will police waste from grounds and deposit in outside garbage cans. Guests agree that failure to comply with clean-ups of either inside or outside the cabin will result in an additional cleaning charge.
d) Guests agree to be in full control of their pets at all times & take full responsibility for pets well being.
e) Guests agree pet will not be left outside, on porches or anywhere that barking will disturb neighbors.
f) If any of these Pet Policies are not met, Guests will be in violation of this Agreement/Contract.
g) Guests agree that by signing this Agreement/Contract, they are authorizing the Owner to charge Guests credit card on file for any damages sustained.
14. DAMAGES TO PROPERTY - Premises are to be left in clean, undamaged condition. Guests authorize the Owner to charge Guests’ credit card on file for any damages, repairs, replacement, or special cleaning sustained to property. Guests agree to pay moving costs if furniture is rearranged in such a manner that results in cleaning services being delayed.
15. CHECK-IN, CHECKOUT TIME – Check-in time is no earlier than 3:00 PM; checkout is no later than 10:00 AM. By accepting this Agreement/Contract, Guests are authorizing the Owner to charge their credit card one full night’s rental for a check-in earlier than 3:00 PM or a checkout later than 10:00 AM.
16. ITEMS LEFT BEHIND- Owners are not responsible for any items Guests may leave behind. If shipping cost is required to return an item the Guest will be responsible for that cost.
17. EXPEDITED EVICTION - A material breach of this Agreement by Guests, which, in the sole determination of the Owner, results in damage to the Premises, personal injury to Guests or others, a breach of the peace, a nuisance to others, or a violation of criminal law or local code, shall be grounds for termination of Guests tenancy. Violation of any of the rules contained herein will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of rent and security deposit. The expedited eviction procedures set forth in the Cabins Act apply. Guests may be evicted under such procedures if Guests: (i) hold over in possession after Guests tenancy has expired; (ii) commit a material breach of any provision of this Agreement that according to its terms would result in the termination of Guests tenancy; (iii) fail to pay rent as required by this Agreement, or (iv) have obtained possession of the Premises by fraud or misrepresentation. Any reservation made under false pretenses will result in forfeiture of advance payments and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
18. VIOLATION OF AGREEMENT/CONTRACT – Owners reserve the right to remove renter without refund, rebates, or compensation, if any of the Agreement/Contract items are not met.
19. INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS – Guest acknowledges and understands that each and every guest or guardian is solely responsible for any property damage, accident, injury or loss sustained to any person while in-residence, and the Owner in no way accepts legal or financial responsibility. Guests, and guardians, assume all risk of injury or other loss and will hold the Owner harmless with respect hereto. Guests hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Rivercrest LLC, employees, officers and/or the property owner harmless from any claims, including those of third parties, arising out of or in any way a result of the guests use of the premises or items therein.
20. DISPUTES – This Agreement/Contract shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Virginia and be treated as though it were executed in the County of Rockingham, State of Virginia. Any action relating to this Agreement/Contract shall be instituted and prosecuted only in the Rockingham County Superior Court, Virginia. Guests specifically consent to such jurisdiction and to extraterritorial service of process.
Canoe Use Agreement
We at River Haven want your stay here to be the most enjoyable and safest experience possible. To help ensure this we ask that you please follow these rules while using the canoe. By unlocking the canoe from the dock you acknowledge that you have read these rules and regulations and will adhere to them during your stay.
1. Once canoe is unlocked it shall be placed in the water and tied to dock. We provide a ladder for entering and exiting the canoe. The ladder can be found in the utility shed and shall be returned to the shed and locked prior to your departure. During your stay the ladder must be removed from the dock every night and placed in a safe location under the cabin.
2. Maximum Canoe Occupancy is 4.
3. Life jackets are provided and located in the Utility Shed. Life jackets must be worn AT ALL TIMES while utilizing the canoe.
4. No children under the age of 18 shall use the canoe without adult supervision.
5. There shall be NO horseplay while in the canoe. This includes jumping and diving from the canoe. All passengers should remain seated at all times while on board.
6. If you or members of your party are not familiar with water recreation or do not know how to swim please do not use the canoe. Your safety is very important to us. If you are interested in taking a river trip we can put you in touch with several professional guides that would be happy to accommodate your request.
7. The canoe has a combination lock. The lock shall remain on the dock and canoe is to be locked up on a nightly basis.
8. Owner will not be held liable for any accidents while using the canoe.